Interview with Albertina O’Farrill
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Interviews took place on March 29 and April 4, 2008.
The Luis J. Botifoll Oral History Project is funded by the AMIGOS of the Cuban Heritage Collection. For more information, please visit http://www.library.miami.edu/chc/amigos/ohp/index.html.
Master DVCAM tapes are archived in the Cuban Heritage Collection (CHC). DVD copies are available for viewing in the CHC Reading Room.
Interview with Albertina O’Farrill, a Cuban ambassador’s wife who used her diplomatic connections to help Cubans flee the island after the Cuban Revolution of 1959. O’Farrill also worked with Mongo and Polita Grau to get unaccompanied children out of Cuba through what became known as Operation Pedro Pan. Her counterrevolutionary activities led to her arrest in 1965, and she was a political prisoner for 14 years.
- O’Farrill, Albertina, Estorino, Julio, 1943-
- Contributing Institution
- University of Miami Libraries
- Coral Gables (Fla.)
- Coral Gables (Florida)
- moving image
- Video recordingsOral histories (document genres)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. For other uses you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).a
- Chicago citation style
- O’Farrill, Albertina, Estorino, Julio, 1943-. Interview with Albertina O’Farrill. 2008-03-29. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://merrick.library.miami.edu/cdm/ref/collection/chc5212/id/490. (Accessed February 18, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- O’Farrill, Albertina, Estorino, Julio, 1943-, (2008-03-29) Interview with Albertina O’Farrill. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://merrick.library.miami.edu/cdm/ref/collection/chc5212/id/490
- MLA citation style
- O’Farrill, Albertina, Estorino, Julio, 1943-. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://merrick.library.miami.edu/cdm/ref/collection/chc5212/id/490>.