The Elms carriage house.
- View Full Item
Victorian interior of the estate, "The Elms", home of Abijah White, a wealthy business man and father of Maria White Lowell. Located on the corner of Main Street and Whites Avenue. Abijah White was the eldest only son of Jonas White to marry. He worked with his father on his many cattle-raising farms in western Massachusetts. They exported beef to the West Indies. Abijah and Ann Maria Howard White had six daughters and one son.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Watertown Free Public Library
- Architecture, Domestic--Watertown (Mass)
Watertown (Mass.)--Social life and customs
City and town life--Massachusetts--Watertown
Historic sites--Watertown (Mass)--History
White, Ann Maria Howard
- Management Restrictions apply. See application form at http://watertownlib.org/research/historic-watertown/photographs
Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- The Elms carriage house.. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/zp38wc98w. (Accessed November 16, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- The Elms carriage house.. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/zp38wc98w
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/zp38wc98w>.