"Giant carrier comes home for first time in 13 years"
- View Full Item
- Created Date
"U. S. S. Valley Forge sails under the Delaware Memorial Bridge, south of Wilmington, en route to Philadelphia. It is the first homecoming for the flattop [aircraft carrier] since her launching at the Naval Shipyard in 1946. Vessel was built with $75 million received from the sale of war bonds in Greater Philadelphia."
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Temple University
- Philadelphia Evening Bulletin
- Philadelphia (Pa.)
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. For other uses you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).a
- Chicago citation style
- "Giant carrier comes home for first time in 13 years". 1959-05-06. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15037coll3/id/59333. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1959-05-06) "Giant carrier comes home for first time in 13 years". Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15037coll3/id/59333
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15037coll3/id/59333>.