3rd Camp in Havre, France (1917)
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This lantern slide, “3rd Camp in Havre, France (1917),” shows a series of buildings surrounding tents at an allied camp in Have, France. The image is cropped into an oval and the slide’s caption reads: “Havre 3rd Camp. Showing Aust. YMCA gym.” During World War I, the Australian Y.M.C.A. ran soldiers’ clubs in Cairo, Alexandria, and elsewhere. They also pooled their resources with the United States, Canada, England, and New Zealand to form the International Hospitality League, which provided social services to all Allied troops. This slide is part of Springfield College’s collection of lantern slides depicting Australian Y.M.C.A. war work during World War I.
This image shows some deterioration due to foxing; Writing on Frame of Slide says: Havre 3rd Camp. Showing Aust. YMCA gym
Part of the Australian Y.M.C.A. WWI Lantern Slide Series
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- World War, 1914-1918
International Young Men's Christian Association
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- 3rd Camp in Havre, France (1917). 1917. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2856. (Accessed July 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1917) 3rd Camp in Havre, France (1917). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2856
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/2856>.