Thomas Howe house
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
Built in 1809, this large Federal-style house with brick ends was located on North Main Street. The original owner maintained a store and icehouse nearby. In 1817, he sold his home and store to Levi Lewis, who continued to run the business. The store and icehouse have since been razed.
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Lodging houses
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information.
This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Thomas Howe house. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d23w. (Accessed November 15, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Thomas Howe house. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d23w
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d23w>.