Orra White Hitchcock painting of a rose
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A drawing of a type of rose by Orra White Hitchcock. The drawing shows two flowers, several leaves, and two buds or fruits along the stem, which is thorny. Orra White has written "Lesson 5th" in the bottom right corner. The artwork is housed in a mat for conservation.
The item is undated. The date range provided is taken from Robert Herbert and Daria D'Arienzo's book, Orra White Hitchcock, 1796-1863: An Amherst Woman of Art and Science.
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Amherst College Archives & Special Collections
- WatercolorsBotanical illustrationsDrawings
- Public Domain: This material has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. While Amherst College Archives & Special Collections claims no rights or authority over this material, we do ask that any publication or use of this material cite the Archives & Special Collections at Amherst College as the source of the images and the repository where the original documents can be found. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863. Orra White Hitchcock painting of a rose. 1814-1817. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:387608. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863, (1814-1817) Orra White Hitchcock painting of a rose. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:387608
- MLA citation style
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:387608>.