• Created Date
  • 1906-1906
  • Description
  • Caption: "The Chicago Stock Exchange Building is located at the corner of Washington and La Salle streets, diagonally across from City Hall. It is one of the largest office structures in the city. The exchange is on the second floor. Here a large volume of speculative business is done every day in the week, except Sundays and holidays." The building, designed by architects Louis Sullivan and Dankmar Adler, was demolished in 1972.
  • Rights
  • Images in this collection were digitized through the University of Illinois Library's participation in the Open Content Alliance and may be used freely. Attribution to the University of Illinois is appreciated. High-resolution images can be downloaded from the Internet Archive at www.archive.org. For further information, contact dcc@library.uiuc.edu.