- View Full Item
- Created Date
This room was paneled in oak to the ceiling. The dark walls made a fine contrast to the deep red of the furniture covering. Above the fireplace was a portrait of John Jay painted by Gilbert Stuart. John Jay had given it to Gen. Stephen Van Rennselaer, father-in-law of Nathaniel Thayer II, who built the Homestead.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Thayer Memorial Library
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rooms & spaces
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Homestead gallery. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k63q. (Accessed December 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Homestead gallery. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k63q
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/73666k63q>.