First Cavalry, Illinois
- View Full Item
- The First Illinois Cavalry, part of the Illinois National Guard, marches down Milwaukee Avenue in Libertyville. The First Cavalry participated in the Spanish American War and, at the time of this postcard, in the Mexican Border Campaign of 1916-1917. They were stationed at Brownsville, Texas and were mustered out of service on November 17, 1916. They did not see much military action during this campaign. According to a unit history, the First Ill...
- Contributing Institution
- Libertyville-Mundelein Historical Society
Mexican Border Campaign
First Illinois Cavalry
- The images in the Libertyville-Mundelein Historical Society collections may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but commercial use is prohibited without permission. Questions may be directed to the society at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 362-2330.
- Chicago citation style
- First Cavalry, Illinois. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/cookmemo11/id/883. (Accessed December 11, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- First Cavalry, Illinois. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/cookmemo11/id/883
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/cookmemo11/id/883>.