Mary B. S. Bailey
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Mary Belle Sophronia Bailey (1871-1957), a native Lancastrian, was born in the Ponakin area of town. Before her 1938 retirement, she devoted 35 years of her life to the teaching profession, serving as a music teacher and supervisor in the Lancaster school. She is fondly remembered by longtime residents as a kind but strict teacher who always wore long skirts down to her ankles and shirtwaist blouses with white collars and cuffs. Bailey, a member of the Evangelical Congregational Church, was choir director and organist for 36 years and was always active in the charitable works of her church, town, and community.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- PhotographsPortrait photographs
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Mary B. S. Bailey. 1885-1905. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d97p. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1885-1905) Mary B. S. Bailey. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d97p
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d97p>.