Aerial Bridge: yellow border line and border patrol
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- September 24, 2005
Sculpture and Installations
Performing Arts (including Performance Art)
"Aerial Bridge," by Maurycy Gomulicki, brings together diverse members of model airplane clubs in San Diego and Tijuana through a creative process of personalizing model airplanes and co-creating a flying event at the border. In this piece the experience of personal fantasy that is expressed in the designing and building of model planes combines with the unique experience of forging relationships. Scheduled for September 24, 2005, the event was geld at the cemeted riverbed of the Tijuana River, at the point where the yellow border demarcation line painted down the center of the river channel is approximately level with the intersection of the Via Rápida and the border bridge. --inSite_05
Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/sca)
This image was extracted from a DVD-R from the InSite Archive (MSS 707, Box 187, DVD 01)
[Title, Date]. InSite Archive. MSS 707. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego.
Tijuana River, California, United States
- Gomulicki, Maurycy
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- UC San Diego, Library, Special Collections and Archives
- Performance art
Toys (recreational artifacts)
Model airplane racing
Lines (artistic concept)
Tijuana (Baja California, Mexico)
Mexican-American border region
San Diego (Calif.)
- No linguistic content
Constraint(s) on Use: This work may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires the written permission of the copyright holders(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Libraries. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Libraries department having custody of the work.
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
- Chicago citation style
- Gomulicki, Maurycy. Aerial Bridge: yellow border line and border patrol. September 24, 2005. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb75115703. (Accessed November 22, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Gomulicki, Maurycy, (September 24, 2005) Aerial Bridge: yellow border line and border patrol. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb75115703
- MLA citation style
- Gomulicki, Maurycy. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb75115703>.