Written history of Margaret Mary Cunningham Gleason
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1928 - 2006
Written history in 2006 by Margaret Mary Cunningham Gleason who was born on a farm near Merna and attended country school until 1928 when her family lost their farm in the Great Depression. She tells of her Irish heritage and the family's life on the farm.
Margaret Mary Cunningham Gleason I was born in Merna, the middle child of three; a brother, Bill, and a sister, Eleanor, are now deceased. I lived on a family farm until 1928. As a young child, I went to a country school. We moved to town in the days of the deep Depression in 1928. I was in the first freshman class of Holy Trinity High School in the same year. The family lived in the 900 and 700 blocks of Roosevelt Avenue, and I lived there even ...
- Contributing Institution
- Towanda Area Historical Society/Towanda District Library
- Towanda, IL
Oral and written family history and personal stories
- The images in the Towanda Area Historical Society digital library may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited, without permission. Questions may be directed to the historical society at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Towanda Illinois District Library at (309)728-2176.
- Chicago citation style
- Written history of Margaret Mary Cunningham Gleason. 1928 - 2006. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1493. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1928 - 2006) Written history of Margaret Mary Cunningham Gleason. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1493
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1493>.