Written history of the Towanda Drug Store, 1905 - 1935
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1905 - 1935
This written history of the Towanda Drug Store covers the years 1905 to 1935. The history names the many owners of the drug store, describes the layout and fixtures, details some of the products that were carried by the store, and discusses how the drug store was run - including a description of the tasks necessary to maintain a soda fountain in the days before electricity. The history was written by Rose Remschner.
Towanda Drug Store Submitted by Rose Remschner, 2006 When the new Sachs building was erected after the Roadnight fire in 1905, the rooms were occupied by the Post Office on the west end, then the pool hall, then a grocery store run by the Fosters and later the Tylers, and a drug store, then the bank. Frank Ratliff eventually bought the building. The Drug Store was operated by Mr. Edward E. Gabriel, a pharmacist from Chicago. He was a brother of C...
- Contributing Institution
- Towanda Area Historical Society/Towanda District Library
- The images in the Towanda Area Historical Society digital library may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited, without permission. Questions may be directed to the historical society at email@example.com or through the Towanda Illinois District Library at (309)728-2176.
- Chicago citation style
- Written history of the Towanda Drug Store, 1905 - 1935. 1905 - 1935. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/861. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1905 - 1935) Written history of the Towanda Drug Store, 1905 - 1935. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/861
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/861>.