• Creator
  • Kinsey, Clark
  • Created Date
  • 1916
  • Description
  • The English Lumber Company had a controlling interest in the Hamilton Logging Company, which did business under that name from ca. 1908 to 1917, when the name was changed to the Lyman Timber Company.Hamilton is a community on the north bank of the Skagit River ten miles east of Sedro Woolley in central Skagit County. It was once boomed as The Pittsburgh of the West because of iron and coal deposits in the vicinity. The town was named for Willi... more
    The English Lumber Company had a controlling interest in the Hamilton Logging Company, which did business under that name from ca. 1908 to 1917, when the name was changed to the Lyman Timber Company.Hamilton is a community on the north bank of the Skagit River ten miles east of Sedro Woolley in central Skagit County. It was once boomed as The Pittsburgh of the West because of iron and coal deposits in the vicinity. The town was named for William Hamilton, who homesteaded the land on which the town was built. His land claim was made in 1877 and the town was incorporated in 1891, when Hamilton's name was given to it. less
  • Format
  • Photograph
    image
    11 x 14 in.
    Silver gelatin, b/w
    Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x512 ppi. 2003