Albert Smith's Mont Blanc and China : Egyptian Hall., [ca. 1859]
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- [ca. 1859]
A miniature theater, or peepshow model, in the form of the Egyptian Hall in Piccadilly, London.
Consisting of a wooden set of boxes fitted with a lens into which 1 of 16 views can be inserted. The views are hand-colored, lithographic prints depicting Albert Smith's journey to Egypt and China and are captioned: The Deck of the Peninsular and Oriental Steamer; Shepheard's Hotel at Cairo; A Street in Cairo; The Sphynx and the Pyramids; The Dessert Railway; City and Harbour of Victoria, Hong Kong; A Waterside Bazaar, Hong Kong; The Brogue Forts on the Canton River; The European Factories at Canton; Preraphaelite Pictorial Panoramas. I; Preraphaelite Pictorial Panoramas. II; Howquar's Gardens near Canton; The Shipping Canton River; Chinese Shops; and A Chinese Waiting Room.
1 miniature theater (peepshow), 1 sliding lid, and 16 prints : col. ; 9.25 x 7.75 x 2.5 in., extending to 9.25 x 7.75 x 8.5 in.
- J. Paul Getty Trust
- Contributing Institution
- Getty Research Institute
- Theaters, Miniature
- Peepshows--England--19th century.Prints--England--19th century.
- Digital images and files saved from this website should be suitable for most purposes.
For more information, see the Library Reproductions & Permissions page.
- Chicago citation style
- Albert Smith's Mont Blanc and China : Egyptian Hall., [ca. 1859]. [ca. 1859]. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://hdl.handle.net/10020/97r48. (Accessed September 27, 2023.)
- APA citation style
- ([ca. 1859]) Albert Smith's Mont Blanc and China : Egyptian Hall., [ca. 1859]. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://hdl.handle.net/10020/97r48
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://hdl.handle.net/10020/97r48>.