Fossil vegetables from Mansfield
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Five pen and inkwash drawings of plant fossil specimens on one sheet by Orra White Hitchcock. The specimens come from Mansfield, Massachusetts, are labeled 221 through 225, and appeared in Edward Hitchcock's Final Report on the Geology of Massachusetts as plate 27. The title is written in Edward Hitchcock's hand. The artwork is housed in a mat for conservation.
The item is undated. The date range provided is taken from Robert Herbert and Daria D'Arienzo's book, Orra White Hitchcock, 1796-1863: An Amherst Woman of Art and Science.
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Amherst College Archives & Special Collections
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863--Archives
Hitchcock, Edward, 1793-1864--Illustrations
- Ink washesDrawings (visual works)Drawings
- Public Domain: This material has been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights. While Amherst College Archives & Special Collections claims no rights or authority over this material, we do ask that any publication or use of this material cite the Archives & Special Collections at Amherst College as the source of the images and the repository where the original documents can be found. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863. Fossil vegetables from Mansfield. 1840-1841. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:387782. (Accessed December 10, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863, (1840-1841) Fossil vegetables from Mansfield. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:387782
- MLA citation style
- Hitchcock, Orra White, 1796-1863. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://acdc.amherst.edu/view/asc:387782>.