Recommendation form for George Lewis Gabler, 1892
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A recommendation form for the admittance of George Lewis Gabler to the International YMCA Training School, now Springfield College, dated January 14, 1892. The form was filled out by an H. E. Swayer. On the form there are a number of questions asked about George Gabler about family, school, work , and the general attitudes, beliefs he lives by. Gabler was accepted at Springfield College and attended from 1892 till he graduated in 1894. He was a classmate of William Morgan, the inventor of Volleyball, and a student of Dr. James Naismith, the inventor of Basketball. After graduation he was the Physical Director of the Holyoke Massachusetts YMCA, the year before Morgan arrived and invented Volleyball. Later he became a doctor, living and practicing medicine in Holyoke for the rest of his life.
- Springfield College
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- International Young Men's Christian Association Training School (Springfield, Mass.)
Gabler, George Lewis
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Springfield College. Recommendation form for George Lewis Gabler, 1892. 1892-01-14. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/10087. (Accessed July 23, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Springfield College, (1892-01-14) Recommendation form for George Lewis Gabler, 1892. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/10087
- MLA citation style
- Springfield College. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/10087>.