- View Full Item
- Created Date
- April 23, 1870
- Report in the Galesburg Republican newspaper from April 23, 1870 about a parade and celebration in response to the ratification of the Fifteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution giving the right to vote to African American citizens.
- Galesburg Republican
- Contributing Institution
- Knox College
Parades Constitutional amendments
Galesburg (Ill.) - Newspapers
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Galesburg Republican. Colored Celebration. April 23, 1870. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/knx_strug/id/345. (Accessed October 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Galesburg Republican, (April 23, 1870) Colored Celebration. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/knx_strug/id/345
- MLA citation style
- Galesburg Republican. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://collections.carli.illinois.edu/cdm/ref/collection/knx_strug/id/345>.