Vogue Lingerie Company inspection department employees
- View Full Item
- Created Date
"Employees trim threads from slips in the inspection department of the Vogue Lingerie Company in February 1952. Pictured here are Nellie Smith (left), Mrs. Shire (center), and Hazel Smith. As many as 180 women worked in the slip-sewing section at the Vogue Lingerie Company, at 2928 West Fourth Street in Williamsport. The identification tag of 'Style by Vogue' was found inside garments sold all over the country." Description from Lycoming County's Industrial Heritage by Robin Van Auken and Louis E. Hunsinger Jr.
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Lycoming College
- Supporting Institution
- POWER Library as sponsor and HSLC as maintainer
- Women textile workers -- Pennsylvania
Women -- Employment -- Pennsylvania
Women lingerie industry workers
- Digital copy of photograph originally published by The Grit newspaper
- May be used for educational purposes as long as credit statement is included. For all other uses, contact Lycoming College Archives.
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Vogue Lingerie Company inspection department employees. 1952-02-03. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/alycc-wmhis/id/15873. (Accessed September 22, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (1952-02-03) Vogue Lingerie Company inspection department employees. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/alycc-wmhis/id/15873
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/alycc-wmhis/id/15873>.