• Creator
  • Steinbrueck, Victor
  • Created Date
  • ca. 1969
  • Description
  • The building on the left housed the Olympus Cafe built in 1897. Two floors were added to the original structure in 1905 to accommodate a much larger Olympus Café, including the classically designed Venetian Room, the German Room, the Blue Room and the Lumberman’s Club, which took up the whole of the top floor. The Seattle City Club occupied the building from 1908 to 1911. Subsequently the City Club, described as possibly a posh gentleman’s clu... more
    The building on the left housed the Olympus Cafe built in 1897. Two floors were added to the original structure in 1905 to accommodate a much larger Olympus Café, including the classically designed Venetian Room, the German Room, the Blue Room and the Lumberman’s Club, which took up the whole of the top floor. The Seattle City Club occupied the building from 1908 to 1911. Subsequently the City Club, described as possibly a posh gentleman’s club or as a gambling club, as well as the City Club Café, occupied the building from 1927 to 1933. The Terry and Kittinger Building is otherwise known as the Delmar Building / State Hotel and was built in 1905. less
  • Format
  • image
    photograph
    Scanned from a photograph at 600 dpi, saved in TIFF format, enhanced and resized using Adobe Photoshop, and imported as JPEG2000 using Contentdm software's JPEG2000 Extension. 2009