Norwester, February 1920
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The Norwester magazine was published monthly from November 1917 through March 1922, chronicling early suburban life in Upper Arlington, Grandview Heights, and Marble Cliff. The Upper Arlington community initially published the magazine from 1917-1920 as part of their ideal to be "the finest residence district and the most cordial community in Ohio." For the final fifteen months of its publication, the communities of Grandview Heights, Marble Cliff, and Upper Arlington jointly published the Norwester. The magazine served as the first newspaper to focus on these northwest suburbs of Columbus, Ohio, and it is a rich resource for historical, cultural, architectural, and genealogical information. Each monthly issue featured local residents, homes, schools, sports, and daily activities. The magazine also included several first-hand accounts of World War I received from local residents stationed in Europe. Additionally, it chronicled life on the home front as community members bought Liberty Bonds and war savings stamps, planted backyard war gardens, and discussed patriotic virtues.
- Upper Arlington Community (Ohio)
- Ohio Digital Network
- Contributing Institution
- Upper Arlington Public Library
- Upper Arlington (Ohio)--History
- Upper Arlington, Ohio
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Upper Arlington Community (Ohio). Norwester, February 1920. 1920-02. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.uaarchives.org/cdm/ref/collection/p4036coll9/id/1037. (Accessed June 20, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Upper Arlington Community (Ohio), (1920-02) Norwester, February 1920. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.uaarchives.org/cdm/ref/collection/p4036coll9/id/1037
- MLA citation style
- Upper Arlington Community (Ohio). Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.uaarchives.org/cdm/ref/collection/p4036coll9/id/1037>.