Written history in 1981 by Alice Temple about growth of Towanda (Illinois) 4th of July Flea Market
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1969 - 1981
For the McLean County (Illinois) Sesquicentennial celebration year, Alice Temple recounted in this written history the first Towanda 4th of July Flea Market that was held in 1969 during Towanda's 13th Annual 4th of July Celebration. Described are the planning, publicity, weather, food and special events related to the 4th of July Flea Market and Annual Towanda Celebration. Mentioned are Mayor Murray Livingston, Wayne Young, and Dorothy Jones. ...
The Towanda 4th of July Flea Market and How it Grew Written by Alice Temple for the 25th Annual Towanda 4th of July Celebration. June 15, 1981 It was the last meeting for the Fourth of July Committee in 1969 and Towandas Mayor, Murray Livingston, was reviewing the entertainment they hoped to have for those attending the celebration. All entertainment reports were negative � the pony rides would not be there, they couldnt get the ,,dunking tank, e...
- Contributing Institution
- Towanda Area Historical Society/Towanda District Library
- The images in the Towanda Area Historical Society digital library may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited, without permission. Questions may be directed to the historical society at email@example.com or through the Towanda Illinois District Library at (309)728-2176.
- Chicago citation style
- Written history in 1981 by Alice Temple about growth of Towanda (Illinois) 4th of July Flea Market. 1969 - 1981. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1107. (Accessed December 14, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1969 - 1981) Written history in 1981 by Alice Temple about growth of Towanda (Illinois) 4th of July Flea Market. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1107
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1107>.