Front of Classroom in Basement of Marsh Memorial Library
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of a classroom located in the basement of Springfield College's Marsh Memorial Library. This is the front half of the classroom, showing the blackboards and desks. Another photograph, rg132-01-08-004, shows the back of this classroom at this time. Marsh Memorial served as the College’s library until the opening of Babson Library in 1971. After Babson Library was opened, Marsh Memorial was renovated for other uses. A chapel was developed in the large room in Marsh which already contained stained glass windows. Marsh is still used for religious purposes today, offering regular worship services for members of the college. Other offices the building houses are the President’s office, the Office of Academic Affairs, and the Department of Public Safety.
Another image shows the back half of the classroom, rg132-02-08-004
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Marsh Memorial
International Young Men's Christian Association College
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Front of Classroom in Basement of Marsh Memorial Library. 1930-1960. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/1652. (Accessed July 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1930-1960) Front of Classroom in Basement of Marsh Memorial Library. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/1652
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/1652>.