- View Full Item
- Created Date
This view shows the corner of Main Street and George Hill Road as it looked around 1879. About that time, the Thayer family acquired the property, building Fairlawn on the site shortly thereafter. The Fay residence, seen in the background, was later moved to George Hill. Many of these elm trees were preserved by the Thayer family. This area may have been part of the "Elm Grove" referred to by early settlers.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date from item or accompanying materials.
Thayer Memorial Library
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster revisited / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2005
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Elm Grove. 1879. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d79r. (Accessed December 11, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1879) Elm Grove. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d79r
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871d79r>.