Waiting Room, Union Station, Los Angeles, California
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- circa 1940-1950
Interior view of the main waiting room in the Los Angeles Union Station.
The Los Angeles Union Station was designed by John Parkinson and Donald B. Parkinson in the mixture of Spanish Colonial, Mission Revival, and Streamline Modern styles. Opened in 1939, its official name was the Los Angeles Union Passenger Terminal (LAUPT), until the Catellus Development later changed it to Los Angeles Union Station (LAUS). It was the last passenger terminal built in United States as a joint project by the Southern Pacific, Santa Fe, and Union Pacific railroads. Located across from the El Pueblo de Los Angeles Historic Park, the Los Angeles Union Station was designated a historic cultural monument in 1976.
On back: "In keeping with the lavish appointments provided in the new Los Angeles Union Station, this glimpse of the Waiting Room shows the leather upholstered settees provided for the comfort of the passengers."
Publisher's serial number: LA 29; 9A-H918
Printed on linen textured paper.
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Loyola Marymount University, Department of Archives and Special Collections, William H. Hannon Library
- Department of Archives and Special Collections, William H. Hannon Library, Loyola Marymount University Western Publishing & Novelty Co
- Railroad stations--California--Los Angeles
Waiting rooms--California--Los Angeles
Union Passenger Terminal (Los Angeles, Calif.)
Downtown Los Angels (Log Angeles, Calif.)
- Materials in the Department of Archives and Special Collections may be subject to copyright. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, Loyola Marymount University does not claim ownership of the copyright of any materials in its collections. Please refer to: http://library.lmu.edu/generalinformation/departments/digitallibraryprogram/copyrightandreproductionpolicy/
- Chicago citation style
- Unknown. Waiting Room, Union Station, Los Angeles, California. circa 1940-1950. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.lmu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/chgface/id/871. (Accessed December 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Unknown, (circa 1940-1950) Waiting Room, Union Station, Los Angeles, California. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.lmu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/chgface/id/871
- MLA citation style
- Unknown. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcollections.lmu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/chgface/id/871>.