- View Full Item
- Created Date
Designed by Herbert D. Hale of Boston, the Center School was constructed in 1903-1904 at the cost of more than $35,000. In keeping with the architectural style on the Lancaster Town Green, it was recommended that it be Bulfinch Colonial. When it first opened, the second story was used for high school students and the first story for lower grades. Most recently, the entire building has been used to house the elementary grades.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Center School. 1903-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h09p. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1903-2000) Center School. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h09p
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871h09p>.