• Creator
  • Kinsey, Clark
  • Created Date
  • 1917~
  • Description
  • The English Lumber Company began as the Clothier and English Lumber Company, operating at Barney Lake on the Nookachamps and at Samish in 1882. Ed English bought out Harrison Clothier's interest in the company and by 1894, he was operating English and McCaffery Logging Company with Thomas McCaffery and E.C. Million. English had logging operations all over Skagit County and was instrumental in the founding of the city of Mount Vernon. In 1945 E... more
    The English Lumber Company began as the Clothier and English Lumber Company, operating at Barney Lake on the Nookachamps and at Samish in 1882. Ed English bought out Harrison Clothier's interest in the company and by 1894, he was operating English and McCaffery Logging Company with Thomas McCaffery and E.C. Million. English had logging operations all over Skagit County and was instrumental in the founding of the city of Mount Vernon. In 1945 English Lumber Company went out of business and sold their land holdings. English Lumber Company's camp 5 was active from 1914 to 1920 and was located just east of Little Mountain on Carpenter Creek. less
  • Format
  • Photograph
    image
    11 x 14 in.
    Silver gelatin, b/w
    Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x512 ppi. 2003