The Good Rumor Project
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Sculpture and Installations
Performing Arts (including Performance Art)
"The Good Rumor Project" appropriates and replicates the model of a social experiment. In seeking to invert the more common negative effects of rumor Wrange and his collaborators constructed two "good" rumors: one about people in Tijuana that was spread in San Diego and one about people in San Diego that was spread in Tijuana. In contrast to normal rumors, the "good" rumors were created in dialogue with the actual subjects of the rumors through a series of focus groups. The "good" rumors were disseminated through a multifaceted strategy that combines some of the most advanced marketing techniques - viral/ word of mouth marketing - with structures borrowed from rumor theory as well as recent research on small-world networks and social network analysis. By tracing the organization of the interdependent communication channels in the border zone, as well as the spatial and temporal development of the "good" rumor, Wrange/ OMBUD reveal how Society is predicated on an ever evolving communicative process. --inSite_05
Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/sca)
This image was extracted from a DVD-R from the InSite Archive (MSS 707, Box 202, DVD 01)
[Title, Date]. InSite Archive. MSS 707. Special Collections & Archives, UC San Diego.
Tijuana (Baja California, Mexico)
- Wrange, Måns, 1961
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- UC San Diego, Library, Special Collections and Archives
Sculpture (visual work)
Installations (visual works)
Mexican-American border region
- Mexican-American border region
- No linguistic content
Constraint(s) on Use: This work may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires the written permission of the copyright holders(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Libraries. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Libraries department having custody of the work.
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
- Chicago citation style
- Wrange, Måns, 1961. The Good Rumor Project. 2005. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb88085097. (Accessed December 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Wrange, Måns, 1961, (2005) The Good Rumor Project. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb88085097
- MLA citation style
- Wrange, Måns, 1961. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb88085097>.