- View Full Item
- Created Date
- c. 1970
Signed in medium, bottom center (on grape carton): H. Sugimoto. Written on back, top center: Picking Grapes
Stretched and framed. Workers picking grapes in grape arbors. A man with his back to the viewer crouches in lower left over a half filled box as he cuts a bunch of green grapes off the vine. Another vine fills the lower right corner. Right midground, a man stacks full boxes of grapes, four high, next to three empty boxes. Three other workers are visible in the green arbors which stretch out to the upper right. The men are dressed in jeans, shirtsleeves and hat. A man in overalls on a horse drawn cart approaches one of the workers stacking boxes. A farm house with a red barn, water tower and windmill stands in the background center. More green fields are visible in the distance under a yellow sky.
- Sugimoto, Henry
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Japanese American National Museum
- Japanese American National Museum (Los Angeles, Calif.)
- New York, N.Y.
- Painting oil on canvas New York, N.Y.
- Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
- Chicago citation style
- Sugimoto, Henry. Picking Grapes. c. 1970. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/tf800005wc. (Accessed December 9, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Sugimoto, Henry, (c. 1970) Picking Grapes. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/tf800005wc
- MLA citation style
- Sugimoto, Henry. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://ark.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/tf800005wc>.