The chronicle of England /
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Imprint to vol.2: "Printed by Thomas Jones, for Walter Shropshire ...".
Includes bibliographical references.
Volume 1. From the arrival of Julius Caesar to the end of the Saxon heptarchy--Volume 2. From the accession of Egbert to the Norman conquest.
Cicognara, L. Catalogo ragionato dei libri d'arte
a more ambitious work [than Strutt's The regal and ecclesiastical antiquities of England, and Horda-angel-cynnan], with fewer engravings, intended as a work of reference rather than a narrative history. Six volumes had been initially projected but only the first two were published (1777-8)."--Oxford Dictionary of National Biography.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary gilt-tooled red morocco.
- Strutt, Joseph, 1749-1802, author
- Contributing Institution
- Yale University
- Anglo-Saxons--History--Early works to 1800
Great Britain--History--Anglo-Saxon period, 449-1066--Early works to 1800
- Great Britain
- unmediatedvolumeEarly works to 1800.Electronic resourceLanguage material
- Public domain. Learn more at http://www.hathitrust.org/access_use
- Chicago citation style
- Strutt, Joseph, 1749-1802, author. The chronicle of England /. 1777-1778. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/008728333. (Accessed December 10, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Strutt, Joseph, 1749-1802, author, (1777-1778) The chronicle of England /. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/008728333
- MLA citation style
- Strutt, Joseph, 1749-1802, author. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/008728333>.