- View Full Item
- Created Date
View of E.E. McKennon, a female welder working on a ship at the J.A. Jones Construction Company shipyard in Brunswick, Georgia.
Originally developed by Brunswick Marine Construction, the J.A. Jones Construction Company operated a shipyard that employed over 17,000 people to produce Liberty Ships during World War II. After the war the shipyard was closed and the site was turned over to the community.
Local identification number: VIS 82.230.11
Local identification number: ahc082230011a.jpg
Kenneth Rogers Photographs, Atlanta History Center
- Rogers, Kenneth, 1907-1989
- Digital Library of Georgia
- Contributing Institution
- Atlanta History Center
- Naval yards and naval stations--United States
Military organizations--United States
World War, 1939-1945--Georgia--Brunswick
- Glynnvilla, GA
- 4 x 5 in. black and white negative
- Chicago citation style
- Rogers, Kenneth, 1907-1989. Naval Shipyards. 1943-05-23. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/Rogers/id/1674. (Accessed January 19, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- Rogers, Kenneth, 1907-1989, (1943-05-23) Naval Shipyards. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/Rogers/id/1674
- MLA citation style
- Rogers, Kenneth, 1907-1989. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://album.atlantahistorycenter.com/cdm/ref/collection/Rogers/id/1674>.