The White House, Washington, D.C
- View Full Item
This etching features a front view of the White House that includes the fountain on the front lawn. At the bottom of the drawing, the Wall name appears with the date 1937, and Wall signed the etching below. The inspiration image comes from the collection of Jennie Hunter Wall of Connecticut.
This image is used to highlight Andrew Jackson's tenure as President of the United States from 1829 until 1837. As the seventh President of the United States, Jackson made reform the focus of his two terms in office. Key issues of his administration included the spoils system, the National Bank, the Nullification crisis, and Indian removal.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library & Archives
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Rights Statement should be used for Items for which the copyright status is unknown and for which the data provider has not undertaken an effort to determine the copyright status of the work.
- Chicago citation style
- The White House, Washington, D.C. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/107. (Accessed October 17, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- The White House, Washington, D.C. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/107
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/bernhardt/id/107>.