Drawing of the Susquehanna Female College
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1859 ca.
The Susquehanna Female College opened on September 22, 1859. It was once the private residence of Leonard App, brother to John App (who donated the land for the Missionary Institute). The Female College closed on December 20, 1872 for financial reasons. The Missionary Institute began to enroll women after the close of the Female College. The building still stands and is now an apartment building on Market Street in Selinsgrove.
- Sheppard, John D
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Susquehanna University
- Supporting Institution
- POWER Library as sponsor and HSLC as maintainer
- Blough-Weis Library, Susquehanna University
Universities & colleges
Susquehanna Female College
- Color drawing
- Standardized Rights Statement
- The organization that has made the Item available believes that the Item is in the Public Domain under the laws of the United States, but a determination was not made as to its copyright status under the copyright laws of other countries. The Item may not be in the Public Domain under the laws of other countries. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Sheppard, John D. Drawing of the Susquehanna Female College. 1859 ca. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/asvbw150/id/14. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Sheppard, John D, (1859 ca) Drawing of the Susquehanna Female College. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/asvbw150/id/14
- MLA citation style
- Sheppard, John D. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digitalcollections.powerlibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/asvbw150/id/14>.