• Creator
  • Harry Lemen, photographer
  • Created Date
  • 1942
  • Description
  • In the 1886 City Directory the building was a general store and by the 1890-91 directory J. J. Kasper had opened a grocery on the premises. William J. McBride also maintained a grocery in the building in the early 1900s. In 1910 Charles N. Kasper, nephew of J. J. Kasper bought the business from Mr. McBride. In 1930 Charles Kasper moved to Main Street. A Mr. Davis had a grocery store here in the 1930s and Mr. Joseph Siewalt takes over the groce... more
    In the 1886 City Directory the building was a general store and by the 1890-91 directory J. J. Kasper had opened a grocery on the premises. William J. McBride also maintained a grocery in the building in the early 1900s. In 1910 Charles N. Kasper, nephew of J. J. Kasper bought the business from Mr. McBride. In 1930 Charles Kasper moved to Main Street. A Mr. Davis had a grocery store here in the 1930s and Mr. Joseph Siewalt takes over the grocery sometime before 1939 and continues at least through 1942. In 1947 the building is Judy's Food Market and in 1965 it is the Coleman Printing Company. In 1970 the Madison Township Trustee is headquartered here, but by the 1970s the city directories show James W. Powell in residence. Mr. Powell owned the building until early 2000. Paintings on the windows indicate the last business in the building was an antique shop. less
  • Format
  • negative