Mt. Mitchell Station, Mt. Mitchell, N.C.
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Published by Southern Post Card Co., Asheville, N.C. Made in U.S.A. B-533. C.T. American Art.
Message on back of card: "Got back all right last night, but pretty tired. Went to night school before going to my room. Train was on time for a wonder. Have been feeling pretty dull all day, result of ride. Snowed hard for couple of hours last night. Expect to move to the other side of street to-night. Mrs. Bickermeyer's mother is coming. Then too I am going to have a roommate. A rotten boy from Franklin. How was the ride back up the river? Hope all are well. Write soon. As ever, Roy." Addressed to "Mrs. D.N. Passmore, Hayesville, N.C. R. # 4." Postmarked 8 January 1918.
View of a train pulling in to a station. A few people await, a car is parked alongside the tracks, and a body of water and mountains are shown in the background.
- Contributing Institution
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Southern Post Card Co., Asheville, N.C North Carolina Collection Photographic Archives, Wilson Library, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Mitchell, Mount (N.C. : Mountain)
Mitchell County (N.C.)
United States, North Carolina, Mitchell County, Mount Mitchell
- English, English
- Public domain
- Chicago citation style
- Mt. Mitchell Station, Mt. Mitchell, N.C.. 1918. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://dc.lib.unc.edu/cdm/ref/collection/nc_post/id/992. (Accessed January 21, 2020.)
- APA citation style
- (1918) Mt. Mitchell Station, Mt. Mitchell, N.C.. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://dc.lib.unc.edu/cdm/ref/collection/nc_post/id/992
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://dc.lib.unc.edu/cdm/ref/collection/nc_post/id/992>.