Building: Beehive Dwelling [Video]
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Painted plaster model of Beehive dwelling found in the Hebrides. The name, Beehive Dwelling, is lettered on the front edge of the base, and S. Uist, Hebrides is lettered on side edge. To the back of model is a raised WPA District 15 keystone stamp.
Early form of this type of dwelling was found in the Hebrides off the coast of Scotland. Houses were built using the natural landscape with native stone for walls and turf for the roof. From a distance they appeared to be grassy hills. Similar structures are found in Ireland with a stone roof and in Turkey with a mud mixture for the roof.
- Pennsylvania Museum Extension Program, Unit 2 Pittsburgh
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- West Chester University
- Supporting Institution
- Keystone Library Network
- physical object
- Digital images in University Libraries' Digital Collections are issued by Special Collections, Francis Harvey Green Library, West Chester University. Images are provided for non-commercial, educational, and personal use only, and are not intended for reproduction or redistribution. For the above purposes the user may reproduce these materials (by download, printing, etc.) without further permission, on the condition that proper attribution of the source for all copies is provided by clearly acknowledging the name of the Library, the title of the web page or resource and the URL at which it was located, please credit as follows: Special Collections, Francis Harvey Green Library, West Chester University, West Chester, Pennsylvania. For questions regarding use of digital materials contact Special Collections (firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-436-3456). Special Collections assumes no responsibility for direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental infringement of copyright by content users.
- Chicago citation style
- Pennsylvania Museum Extension Program, Unit 2 Pittsburgh. Building: Beehive Dwelling [Video]. 1935. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.klnpa.org/cdm/ref/collection/wpa/id/86. (Accessed December 11, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Pennsylvania Museum Extension Program, Unit 2 Pittsburgh, (1935) Building: Beehive Dwelling [Video]. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.klnpa.org/cdm/ref/collection/wpa/id/86
- MLA citation style
- Pennsylvania Museum Extension Program, Unit 2 Pittsburgh. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digital.klnpa.org/cdm/ref/collection/wpa/id/86>.