• Creator
  • Unknown
  • Created Date
  • ca. 1920
  • Description
  • The village of Dockton, located on Quartermaster Harbor, formed one of the first major settlements on Vashon Island. Dockton was named by the Puget Sound Dry Dock Company, which had a ship yard and drydock (the largest on the west coast) there from 1892 to 1909. Other smaller shipyards continued to operate at Dockton, as shown in this photo of a ferry boat under construction.
  • Format
  • image
    photograph
    Scanned from original photograph using Epson Expression 10000XL as 4350 pixel TIFF image in 24-bit RGB color, resized to 700 pixels in the longest dimension and compressed into JPEG format using Photoshop CS4, JPEG quality measurement 4
  • Rights
  • All Rights Reserved