James J. Larsen at the family egg ranch, Mountain View Avenue, Petaluma, California, in the 1940s
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A young Jim Jens Larsen, with box of chicks.
James J. Larsen (1924-), son of Jens and Ella Boysen Larsen; sold chicks for Pioneer Hatchery for 40 years from 1949-1955 and then Kimber Farms Hatchery until 1974; helped found Petaluma Sea scouts. For more information, see: Harlan Osborne column, Toolin' Around Town, Argus-Courier, 2010-11-19.
Title supplied by cataloger.
Reprinted from original print by the Lab, 400 Tesconi Circle, Santa Rosa, Calif., January 10, 2014.
Sonoma County Tourism Grant (2012-2013)
Grant provided to the Sonoma County Library through the Sonoma County Advertising Program.
High resolution master image (400 ppi)
Adobe Photoshop CC (Macintosh)
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- Sonoma County Library
- Black-and-white photographs
Agriculture, Rural Life and Fisheries
Larsen, James J., 1924
Mountain View Avenue
Mountain View Avenue, Petaluma, California
- Sonoma County Library, 211 E Street, Santa Rosa, CA 95401 (http://www.sonomalibrary.org)
The Sonoma County Library makes no assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Sonoma County Library. Please see additional reproduction and reuse information at https://sonomalibrary.org/locations/sonoma-county-history-and-genealogy-library/order-photo
- Chicago citation style
- James J. Larsen at the family egg ranch, Mountain View Avenue, Petaluma, California, in the 1940s. 1940s. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll2/id/25648. (Accessed December 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1940s) James J. Larsen at the family egg ranch, Mountain View Avenue, Petaluma, California, in the 1940s. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll2/id/25648
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll2/id/25648>.