Fire drill team
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Shown here is an early boys' dormitory fire drill team. With large wooden structures, fire was a very real danger in the early days. The Academy building did, in fact, have a fire on December 4, 1907. It damaged about half a dozen rooms and half of the library's collection. The estimated damage was $2,700.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Atlantic Union College
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- PhotographsGroup portraitsPortrait photographs
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Fire drill team. 1850-2000. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/dz010q80r. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1850-2000) Fire drill team. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/dz010q80r
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/dz010q80r>.