• Description
  • The VASHON was built in 1930 at Houghton for the Seattle-Vashon-Harper route of the Kitsap County Transportation Co. The main power plant of the VASHON, at that time the largest diesel ferry in operation on Puget Sound, was a 1,000-horsepower, eight-cylinder Washington diesel. (pg. 402) Notes from Gordon Newell, ed., The H.W. McCurdy Marine History of the Pacific Northwest (Seattle: Superior Publishing Co, 1966).
  • Format
  • Photograph
    image
    Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x512 ppi. 2001