Biography of Posy Sands, operator and telegrapher in the Towanda Depot
- View Full Item
- Created Date
- 1896 - 1907
Biography written by Mary Etta 'Lillian' Peterson Michael, of the 1896-1907 Towanda Depot's operator and telegrapher, Posy Sands. Lillian remembered that Posy enjoyed his life's work and was enthusiastic to "teach" the young men about telegraphers. Many pursued careers in the railroad.
Posy Sands, 1896-1907 Chapter from Autobiography of Mary Etta Lillian Peterson Michael, Compiled in December, 1989, pages 28-29 For many years, Posy Sands was operator and telegrapher in the Towanda depot for the C&A Railroad, and he was married and had a daughter but no boys. He had a great, unusual love for boys and when boys came in the depot to talk to him he encouraged them to loaf around there and be there a lot with him because he loved th...
- Contributing Institution
- Towanda Area Historical Society/Towanda District Library
- The images in the Towanda Area Historical Society digital library may be viewed, downloaded, and printed for personal or educational use, but any commercial use is prohibited, without permission. Questions may be directed to the historical society at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Towanda Illinois District Library at (309)728-2176.
- Chicago citation style
- Biography of Posy Sands, operator and telegrapher in the Towanda Depot. 1896 - 1907. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1104. (Accessed December 10, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1896 - 1907) Biography of Posy Sands, operator and telegrapher in the Towanda Depot. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1104
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://www.idaillinois.org/cdm/ref/collection/tdl/id/1104>.