Davy Crockett portrait
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Portrait of David Crockett (1786-1836) painted by S.S. Osgood. Portrait from waist up. He wears a dark suit, vest and necktie with a white collar that meets his jawline. Sideburns facial hair. Writing at bottom with signature and inscription: I am happy to acknowledge this to be the only correct likeness that has been taken of me.
- S. S. Osgood
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Childs & Lehman Lith
- Crockett, Davy, 1786-1836
Crockett, Davy, 1786-1836. Narrative of the life of David Crockett of the state of Tennessee
Tennessee. General Assembly
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- S. S. Osgood. Davy Crockett portrait. 1834. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/74. (Accessed November 21, 2019.)
- APA citation style
- S. S. Osgood, (1834) Davy Crockett portrait. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/74
- MLA citation style
- S. S. Osgood. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/74>.