"Lakeside Village 1945-48"
- View Full Item
- Created Date
This poster titled "Lakeside Village 1945-48" contains 9 photographs of Springfield College's Lakeside Village. The photographs show life at Lakeside Village, however, no one is identified and it is not known where the documents came from. Some of the photographs are faded and difficult to see. The poster is laminated. The first unit of Lakeside Village housing arrived on the Springfield College campus in March, 1946 and was ready for use by the fall of that same year. The housing project consisted of 13 units that were moved from Hartford to Springfield, and was built to house 65 married veterans and their families. It was built in association with the Federal Housing Authority due to the National Housing emergency that was taking place after the World War II. It closed in the fall of 1953 because there was a decrease in the need for veteran housing and the buildings were beginning to decay. The village was built in the area that is now Springfield College's Allied Health Sciences Building, across from Lake Massasoit and the President's House. There is a second poster of Lakeside Village, see here: http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/9998
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- Springfield College--Buildings
International Young Men's Christian Association College
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- "Lakeside Village 1945-48". 1945-1948. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/9997. (Accessed July 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1945-1948) "Lakeside Village 1945-48". Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/9997
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/9997>.