McCurdy Natatorium during its decommission, 1968
- View Full Item
- Created Date
A photograph of McCurdy Natatorium after its closing. The image is of the south end of the pool where the diving board once was, and displays the former swimming pool which has been filled in. There is a hole in the wall where there was once a window. McCurdy Natatorium is part of Judd Gymnasium, the first building constructed on the present day campus of Springfield College. The McCurdy Natatorium, a gift of Standard Oil President Herbert Pratt, who requested the pool be named after physical education department head Dr. McCurdy, was completed in April 1913. It was closed on March 18, 1968 and the swimming pool was replaced by Linkletter Natatorium. The Natatorium was remodeled and has served as a dance studio, weight room, the college bookstore and finally, in the spring of 2011, as the Springfield College History Museum which also includes the YMCA Hall of Fame.
Series were added to this collection, changing the file name. File names of the uploaded files contain the old name
- Springfield College
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Springfield College Archives and Special Collections
- Springfield College
- McCurdy Natatorium
- Text and images are owned, held, or licensed by Springfield College and are available for personal, non-commercial, and educational use, provided that ownership is properly cited. A credit line is required and should read: Courtesy of Springfield College, Babson Library, Archives and Special Collections. Any commercial use without written permission from Springfield College is strictly prohibited. Other individuals or entities other than, and in addition to, Springfield College may also own copyrights and other propriety rights. The publishing, exhibiting, or broadcasting party assumes all responsibility for clearing reproduction rights and for any infringement of United States copyright law. Contact host institution for more information.
- Chicago citation style
- Springfield College. McCurdy Natatorium during its decommission, 1968. 1969. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/1022. (Accessed July 18, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Springfield College, (1969) McCurdy Natatorium during its decommission, 1968. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/1022
- MLA citation style
- Springfield College. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm16122.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15370coll2/id/1022>.