"Art in Fairmount Park"
- View Full Item
- Created Date
The statue of General George Gordon Meade, commander of the Union forces at the battle of Gettysburg. The statue stands north of Memorial Hall in Fairmount Park. The statue was designed my Alexander Milne Calder and erected in 1887.
- PA Digital
- Contributing Institution
- Temple University
- Philadelphia Evening Bulletin
United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
Memorial Hall (Philadelphia, Pa.)) (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Meade, George Gordon, 1815-1872
- Standardized Rights Statement
- This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use. For other uses you need to obtain permission from the rights-holder(s).a
- Chicago citation style
- "Art in Fairmount Park". 1925-04-20. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15037coll3/id/28234. (Accessed December 13, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1925-04-20) "Art in Fairmount Park". Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15037coll3/id/28234
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://digital.library.temple.edu/cdm/ref/collection/p15037coll3/id/28234>.