Ping: Film shoot plan
- View Full Item
- Created Date
Performing Arts (including Performance Art)
Film, Audio, Video and Digital Art
One can see in some of the examples the film script showed the progress of the full Beckett text in fragments at the left edge of each page. Three horizontal lines delimited 15-second passages of time and detailed comments were provided explaining what was to occur during (in this case) the 18th minute of the film. Around 18:07.5, there was to be a "cut to very fast continuous succession of antic posses within box). As it turns out, these were usually 1 - 3 frames in duration, I believe. This rapid passage then cut to black at about 18:14. At 18:19, a similar rapid burst of color fields is indicated for about 2 seconds, then a cut to the "Standard Pose" in a normal view followed immediately, at about 18:27, by a light blue color rectangle that then faded to white-out at 18:37.5. There is then a cut to the Standard Pose, though slightly out of focus. On other pages, the placement of other interrupting images or alterations in the way the boxed figure is represented are described in a similar way. Occasionally details regarding rapid intercutting or cross-fading are provided.
Digital Library Development Program, UC San Diego, La Jolla, 92093-0175 (https://lib.ucsd.edu/digital-library)
Based on: Beckett, Samuel, 1906-1989. Ping
Film shoot plans
- Reynolds, Roger, 1934
- California Digital Library
- Contributing Institution
- UC San Diego, Library, Digital Library Development Program
- Under copyright
Constraint(s) on Use: This work is protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). Use of this work beyond that allowed by "fair use" requires written permission of the UC Regents. Responsibility for obtaining permissions and any use and distribution of this work rests exclusively with the user and not the UC San Diego Library. Inquiries can be made to the UC San Diego Library program having custody of the work.
Use: This work is available from the UC San Diego Library. This digital copy of the work is intended to support research, teaching, and private study.
- Chicago citation style
- Reynolds, Roger, 1934. Ping: Film shoot plan. 1968. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb79879441. (Accessed December 19, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Reynolds, Roger, 1934, (1968) Ping: Film shoot plan. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb79879441
- MLA citation style
- Reynolds, Roger, 1934. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb79879441>.