Oliver Hazard Perry portrait
- View Full Item
Engraving depicts Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry (1785-1819) seated on ship's deck. Perry wears U.S. Navy uniform of dark jacket and white trousers. A pistol is tucked in his belt. A large flag emblazoned with the words, "DON'T GIVE UP THE SHIP," waves in the background. Facsimile signature.
- Digital Library of Tennessee
- Contributing Institution
- Tennessee State Library and Archives
- Johnson, Fry & Co
- Perry, Oliver Hazard, 1785-1819
Perry, Oliver Hazard, 1785-1819
Navy--History--War of 1812
Lake Erie, Battle of, 1813
- While TSLA houses an item, it does not necessarily hold the copyright on the item, nor may it be able to determine if the item is still protected under current copyright law. Users are solely responsible for determining the existence of such instances and for obtaining any other permissions and paying associated fees that may be necessary for the intended use.
- Chicago citation style
- Oliver Hazard Perry portrait. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/90. (Accessed October 16, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- Oliver Hazard Perry portrait. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/90
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://cdm15138.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15138coll19/id/90>.