Men, women and children in front of boarding house, High Point, ca. 1926
High Point is a small community two miles east of Issaquah in west central King County. It was established as a sawmill center in 1905 and named by John Lovegren. The name is descriptive, as the place was at the top of a steep grade on the Snoqualmie branch of Northern Pacific Railway. It was once nicknamed Little Sweden, and for a time when there were many Johnsons, Swensons, Piersons, and Petersons in the neighborhood.
11 x 14 in.
Silver gelatin, b/w
Scanned from a photographic print using a Microtek Scanmaker 9600XL at 100 dpi in JPEG format at compression rate 3 and resized to 768x512 ppi. 2003