Portrait of a younger Peo Peo Tholekt
- View Full Item
Peo Peo Tholekt is posing for portrait wearing a dark shirt and necklace. Arm bands of fur are wrapped around his arms. In the Nez Perce Wars of 1877, Peo Peo Tholekt (George Tholekt) served under Chief Looking-Glass. During the Big Hole Battle, Tholekt assisted in capturing and dismantling a howitzer.
- Mayer, Susan
- Orbis Cascade Alliance
- Contributing Institution
- Washington State University Libraries, Manuscripts, Archives, and Special Collections
Nez Perce Indians--Clothing & dress
Indians of North America
Tholekt, Chief Peo Peo
- Tholekt, George
- Standardized Rights Statement
- No Known Copyright:The organization that has made the Item available reasonably believes that the Item is not restricted by copyright or related rights, but a conclusive determination could not be made. Please refer to the organization that has made the Item available for more information. You are free to use this Item in any way that is permitted by the copyright and related rights legislation that applies to your use.
- No known copyright. Item went into public domain 70 years after the 1944 death of the creator.
- Chicago citation style
- Mayer, Susan. Portrait of a younger Peo Peo Tholekt. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.libraries.wsu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/mcwhorter/id/108. (Accessed June 14, 2021.)
- APA citation style
- Mayer, Susan, Portrait of a younger Peo Peo Tholekt. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, http://content.libraries.wsu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/mcwhorter/id/108
- MLA citation style
- Mayer, Susan. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <http://content.libraries.wsu.edu/cdm/ref/collection/mcwhorter/id/108>.