Ski jump championship
- View Full Item
- Created Date
One of Lancaster's most eagerly awaited winter sporting events was the Massachusetts State Ski Jump Championship. The event, which began in 1928, was sponsored by the Lancaster Outing Club and was held each February 22 on George Hill. Related events included a five-mile cross-country skiing trek and the crowning of a ski queen at the Lancaster Town Hall Annual Ski Ball. With the threat of World War II, interest in the event declined and the last event meet was held c. 1943.
Title from item or accompanying materials.
Date supplied by cataloger.
Thayer Memorial Library
Published in: Images of America, Lancaster / Heather Maurer Lennon. Charleston, SC ; Chicago IL ; Portsmouth NH ; San Francisco CA. : Arcadia Publishing, 2001
- Digital Commonwealth
- Contributing Institution
- Lancaster Historical Society
- Ski jumping
- Rights status not evaluated. You may contact host institution for more information. This work is licensed for use under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives License (CC BY-NC-ND).
- Chicago citation style
- Ski jump championship. 1928-1943. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871k54x. (Accessed December 15, 2018.)
- APA citation style
- (1928-1943) Ski jump championship. Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America, https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871k54x
- MLA citation style
- Retrieved from the Digital Public Library of America <https://ark.digitalcommonwealth.org/ark:/50959/02871k54x>.